Monday, December 12, 2005

The Last Temptation of Christ

Blasphemy! That’s what the Christian world said when they saw "The Last Temptation of Christ”. It’s been 17 years since the controversy on this Martin Scorsese flick. Deftly executed in terms of the content and cinematography, this movie rakes up a lot of issues on the divinity or rather the humanness of Christ.

Got a chance to see it at last and yes even though I don’t call myself a hardliner it did make me a little uncomfortable watching it. I'm of course willing to believe that Martin Scorsese had access to some information that the laity in the christian world is not aware of (read as the non fictional Da Vinci code if there may be).

All in all, I must say do watch it, but with a lot of caution lest you need to question your belief system.


My Take - Yeah!

3 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Blogger Arundhati said...

I did not watch it. If I do, I think I can watch it without being uncomfortable.
I am agnostic in many ways! Believe in philosophy but not in organized religion.

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Jolvin Rodrigues said...

@arundhati - You must. However according to me this movie needs to have some background knowledge of the Catholic belief system to make you uncomfortable else it's like watching any other well crafted movie.

 
At 2:53 AM, Blogger psychacid said...

Lookup on Nikos Kazantzakis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home